Portable and Robust for Efficient Use in the Work Shop,
Yet Delicately Precise for Inspection.
● Ra - average roughness
● Rz - (RTM) mean roughness depth (DIN)
● Meets ANSI, ISO, DIN & Mil specifications.
● Roughness in microinch or micrometers.
● Includes probe and standard (NIST traceable).
● Digital display located on top.
● Easy to read LCD readout.
● Out of range Hi/Low indicator.
● Low battery indicator.
● Uses 9V battery for approx. 3000 measurements.
● Furnished in fitted case.
Robustly constructed, featuring a durable cast housing,
and designed for shop or laboratory use, the Spi gage
will provide years of reliable and accurate surface finish
assessment. The gage is also designed to take
measurements from a variety of positions and several
angles. It works on both horizontal ad vertical surfaces
and can even be used
Model 14-415-4 is furnished with a certified specimen and 0.0004" probe.
* Probe supplied with a 90° conical diamond stylus, 0.0004" (10µm)
radius per ANSI-B46, ISO and MIL specs.
Model 14-416-2 is furnished with a certified specimen and 0.0002" probe.
* Probe supplied with a 90° conical diamond stylus, 0.0002" (5µm) radius per
DIN-4768 and certain ISO specs.
All Roughness Testers include:
• Roughness unit
• General purpose probe
• Certified specimen (nominal)
• 9 volt alkaline battery
• Riser plate for calibration
General Purpose Probe (14-417-0 or 14-418-8)
For most surface roughness applications. 14-417-0 has a 90° conical diamond stylus, 0.0004"/10µm radius per ISO specifications. 14-418-8 has a 90° conical diamond stylus, 0.0002"/5µm radius per DIN standards.
Traverse Chisel Probe (14-421-2)
For gaging sharp edges or small O.D.’s where the probe is aligned at 180° or in closed position 90° diamond chisel stylus, 0.0004"/10µm radius.
Parallel Chisel Probe (14-422-0)
For gaging sharp edges or small O.D.’s where probe is perpendicular (in 90°or 270° position) to axis of traverse. 90° diamond chisel stylus, 0.0004"/10µm radius.
Small Bore Probe (14-419-6 or 14-420-4)
For measuring small bores (min. inside diameter of 5.0mm, up to a depth of 15.0mm). 90° conical diamond stylus, 0.0004"/10µm radius for 14-419-6; 0.0002"/5µm radius for 14-420-4.
Groove Bottom Probe (14-423-8)
For measuring the bottoms of "O" ring grooves, recesses and holes to a depth of 6.0mm. Also used for short lands and shoulders. 90° conical diamond stylus, 0.0004"/10µm radius.